Here’s the updated version. I’ve completed five so far, a couple more have to happen on specific dates, and I have no idea about the rest yet.
Again, any suggestions or help welcome.
1. Complete a 30 K walk in one day (a kilometre for every year)
Notice that I changed mile to kilometre!
2. Work in the cottage bar
3. *Find Bruce Springsteen tickets for either of the Dublin Croke Park concerts.
So happy that I have these. Now, trying to meet him would really be pushing things, wouldn’t it??
Or would it?
4. Walk the Croke Park Dublin skyline
5. Take part in ‘darkness into light’ on 7th May.
6. Learn to bake scone bread.
7. Touch an animal that I’ve never felt before.
*8. Do a short course to learn something new.
I’m just finished an 8 week introduction to cognitive behaviour therapy. It’s really interesting.
9. Make a memory box from wood.
10. Shave someone’s head.
11. Attend a musical or theatrical performance of a genre that’s not usually my type of thing!
Got this covered. People will be very surprised when they hear where I’m going!
12. Learn a useful life skill, such as first aid or self-defence.
13. Spend time in a recording studio watching how it works.
14. Read one book every month, and review it afterwords.
15. Get my ears pierced, and don’t let them close up this time!
16. Do something for a charity that I’ve never been involved with before
17. Learn more about a career that I’m interested in.
Spend a day shadowing somebody in their job.
18. Spend a day on a farm.
19. Learn to make homemade pizza.
20. Climb Sliabh Sneacht
I’m walking more and trying to get fitter before I do this.
*21. Visit a city that I’ve never been to before.
22. Learn to do a few simple hair styles (I can only straighten and curl it)
*23. Eat traditional food associated with a particular country
*24. Bake a cake
25. Do a water activity
26. Learn to make homemade cosmetics
27. Do something historical in Belfast, since I lived there for three years and did nothing!
– 28/29 Suggestions welcome!
30. Keep a diary. Write, blog and record as much as possible.
Use some of this to make an audio documentary of my year of challenges, when I’m finished in February 2017.
I intend to do the final one anyway, but would love to end by doing something really special in February 2017. I just don’t know what yet.